Monday, March 22, 2010

"Art is the fatal net which catches these strange moments...."

Here are two from the last batch. I'm disappointed in them, but whatever, what can I do? The scanners at school are not being friendly lately, grainy, loss of detail, muted colors. It's like the symptoms of scanner depression. So I had to edit them a bit (give them their Photoshop medication) and ....there it is! There may be a second rendition of each, I may have gone a bit too far. Or maybe I should go even farther. WAYYYYYYYY father. Into oblivion. I am not going to sleep well tonight.




I keep finding quotes from these geniuses, I want them posted all throughout my house, covering the walls. Like madness. Here are my newest favorites. A few more below.


+ To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams. - Giorgio de Chirico

+ Art is the fatal net which catches these strange moments on the wing like mysterious butterflies, fleeing the innocence and distraction of common men. - Giorgio de Chirico


No comments:

Post a Comment